Tuesday 16 February 2010

FEATURE: SteveTheDuck's Top Five Most Anticipated Games of 2010

The new year looks to be a great start to the decade in terms of gaming (provided the recession hasn't chucked you onto the streets yet, that is), especially for the Nintendo Wii. So, I'm going to list my 'Top 5 Most Anticipated Games of 2010!'. On a side note, this is going to be new games released in 2010, not the constantly growing pile of games I've yet to play – which has become even larger with my un-shiny new PS3 Slim.

5.Red Steel 2
Let's face it; the moment the Wii was announced, the first thing we thought was either 'sword game!', or 'Star Wars game!'. Just over 3 years later, we're finally getting the former: a proper hack 'n' slasher, featuring the fantastic 1:1 MotionPlus, which will make impaling our enemies much more fun. The first one may have been a bit meh, but this cel-shaded sequel looks to right all the wrongs. Except for the multiplayer, which has disappeared.


4.Tatsunoko VS. Capcom
In the blue cornerrrrrrr, Capcom! The famous developer with epic games like the Resident Evil series, MegaMan and Okami! In the red cornerrrrrrrr, is Tatsunoko, a Japanese animation studio you've probably never heard of, and neither have I. But to be honest, I don't care because their characters look great and it's a proper fighter. Like, Street Fighter or Tekken kind of proper; the kind that the Wii has yet to have in it's library. It looks great, it's over-the-top and for once, it's better than the Japanese version!

3.Super Mario Galaxy 2

It's a well-known fact that Super Mario Galaxy is awesome. So Miyamoto and his minions have done the next logical thing: made more, ramped up the difficulty and added Yoshi. Not to mention remixes of the orchestrated epics in the first one. Little is known about the game right now, but that just makes the hype train leave station earlier.

2.Gran Turismo 5
The day I got my PS3 (that's Christmas in case anyone's wondering), I downloaded the GT5 demo off the PlayStation Store. At first I hated it, but then it kind of grew on me, and it suddenly became so addictive that I couldn't stop trying to beat my own lap times. That was just one track with 2 cars. The full game has over 40 tracks (if my memory serves correctly), and more than 1000 cars. One of these tracks is the Top Gear Test Lap track from what I've read on IGN, and that has made me very excited. Oh, and the usual realistic gameplay is all there.

1.Metroid: Other M
I could not type anything and you'd all probably understand why I've put it as No.1, but I'll explain anyway. So far, Metroid as a series has had a pretty much perfect track record, from being developed by Nintendo and Retro Studios. Now, development has been handed over Team Ninja, the guys behind Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive. It seems like a perfect partnership to me, and being a massive Metroid fan, I really can't wait much longer!


+Written by SteveTheDuck

No comments: