Wednesday 27 July 2011

Massive Update: The Big Re-Design and Other New Stuff...

I've been writing this blog for well over a year now, and I must say I've enjoyed doing so quite a lot. Up until now I've written a rather large amount of posts, from reviews to features to updates and news circling around the gaming world. All the way from my first ever post - my review of Disgaea DS - right up to my more recent features and reviews, I've thoroughly enjoyed writing about one of my favourite hobbies over this past year and a half. Well, I recently decided that it's time I stopped publishing my work on this older, boring template and changed a few things. Well, a lot of things. That's right, after using this same layout for well over a year I think it's about time I made the blog look a little more professional with what I'm calling 'Noodle's Blog 2.0'. With the help of Blogger's template designer and other tools, I'll be able to make my blog look infinitely better than the same slightly boring template I've been using since I first started this blog. This new design will include a much wider section for posts so I can fit more stuff on a page, as well as larger banners not only on top of the blog, but running down the sides too. I've already begun work on these banners, and everything will be finished in about a week or two if all goes to plan. I've got everything pretty much planned out already so it shouldn't take long for this massive update to take place. On top of this however, I'll also be rethinking the way I write posts. Read on...

Skelter Helter features alongside 24 other assassins in the No More Heroes franchise. Check out my opinion on 'em all in my upcoming Top 25 No More Heroes Bosses Feature!
What with me overhauling the blogs design, I reckon now would be a good time to make some minor improvements to how I write my posts too. In the past I've considered writing Features involving music tracks and the like, such as a piece on my Top Ten Favourite Boss Themes (just an example, mind). Well, now I can do something like this thanks to the ability to post YouTube videos here on Blogger. It's just an idea I have spinning around my head at the moment, but I'll most definitely do something like this soon after I've finished the blog re-design. This would be a good excuse to get some views on my YouTube account anyway. It won't stop at video game music either, as I might just post videos involving cut-scenes and the like from games to accompany posts. I'm thinking of implementing these ideas into my upcoming Top 25 No More Heroes Bosses list, the first part of which will definitely be up not too long after the re-design is finished. On top of this, I'm also considering a new system for writing my reviews. In the past I've simply put the title of the game, its platform and developer at the top of the post, with a percentage at the bottom determining what score I think the game deserves, and of course the actual review sandwiched . I think that it's also time for me to re-work this system and think up something new and unique, but I haven't really got any ideas yet. None of this stuff is 100% confirmed, but you never know. Until I think of something nice, I'll still be sticking with my current system in my next few Reviews, already in progress.

Master of stealth Naked Snake stars in Metal Gear Solid 3, one of the best games of all time heading to 3DS. Check out my preview when it's up!
Speaking of upcoming posts, we reach the part in this update where I talk about... Well, upcoming posts. I've already mentioned that part 1 of my Top 25 No More Heroes Bosses Feature will be up some time after the re-design has taken place, which will tackle 25-11 before I move on to the top 10 in part 2. I recently decided on my final top 25, and I'm undeniably going to begin writing my biggest Feature ever within the next few days. Before that though, I've got a rather large amount of reviews planned, most of which I've mentioned in past updates. The next review I'll be posting is of Donkey Kong Country Returns, an excellent Retro Studios-developed platformer that is without a doubt one of 2010's best games. After that, I'll hopefully get around to working on that Professor Layton 3 Review I mentioned in a previous Update post. On top of this in terms of reviews, I'll also be posting a Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D Review soon after my Donkey Kong Country Returns Review is finished in a few days time. Continuing the Resident Evil theme, I'll also have a preview of the upcoming Resident Evil: Revelations up soon enough. Alongside that, I'll be posting a preview of Metal Gear Solid 3 for 3DS too. You can expect loads of other stuff up over the Summer, but for now enjoy what's up next!

The huge re-design will almost certainly be up in a few weeks time. Until then, it's another goodbye from me! Don't forget to keep it real.

No comments: