Saturday 25 June 2011

Update: Some Very Exciting Upcoming Posts and an Update on my E3 Review Situation

As you readers may or may not know, I had a bit of trouble with Blogger last week. I was nearing the end of writing my Nintendo E3 Conference Review when suddenly Firefox crashed. Usually when this happens everything I've written stays in-tact, but this time, what is quite possibly one of the most important posts of the year got deleted. Well, half of it anyway. If you're aware of this you'll probably know that I've posted what remains of the review and am planning on finishing it off bit by bit while I work on some new pieces. Speaking of which, welcome to yet another update post, where I'll be doing the usual and revealing what's coming up on my blog as well as discussing what you already know is coming up, namely my Top 25 No More Heroes Bosses List. First though, it's time to reveal the fate of my E3 Review. Suspenseful, I know.

I originally intended to post a two part E3 Review this year, just as I did back in 2010. One of these posts would focus solely on Nintendo's big conference, while I would have shown and discussed my highlights of 3rd Party announcements in the second half. I say 'would have', because I'm unfortunately going to have to cancel part two of the review due to a loss of time thanks to Blogger deleting half of part one. Don't get too down in the dumps though, because as I mentioned I am going to rewrite the rest of my thoughts on Nintendo's big show eventually. Also, just because I've cancelled part two that doesn't mean I won't be posting my opinions on the likes of Resident Evil: Revelations and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D, not to mention several other 3rd party titles that were announced at this year's big show in the form of standalone posts over the next few weeks. Still something to look forward to then! You can expect my Nintendo Conference Review completely finished early next month, but for now the remains of Bloggers nuke are still intact for you guys and gals to read like some kind of E3 crash site.


Stepping away from E3 and into the future, I bet you're wondering what my upcoming posts are going to involve. Well, I can tell you that my Top 25 No More Heroes Bosses feature is still in the planning stages (I'm currently replaying the original game to refresh my memory a bit) and I haven't begun writing it yet, but that will definitely be up in the coming months. You can expect an exact date in my next update post. Speaking of No More Heroes, developer Suda51 has just released Shadows of the Damned for PS3 and Xbox 360, so a quick shout out for that because it looks excellent. Not that Suda's first next-gen non-Nintendo game is better than No More Heroes! Anyway, moving swiftly onwards. Review-wise, I've got a couple of things planned as well as one post that's already in progress at the time of writing this update. What review could this be? Well, it's none other than one of 2010's best games that we all know as Donkey Kong Country Returns. I beat this brilliant platformer the other day and have already commenced writing my review, so you can definitely expect that up early next month at the latest, or maybe even before June ends. On the other end of the spectrum, I actually have a DS review planned for once. Yes, you heard right. So, what could this game be? Professor Layton and the Lost Future, that's what. While it seems a bit odd to review the third game in a series without actually writing about the first two, I honestly don't care because Professor Layton's time travelling adventure is one of my favourite DS games of all time. That review will definitely be up next month without a doubt.

I honestly can't mention reviews without talking about Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. If you're a regular reader of my blog you'll probably be aware that I'm extremely hyped for this game, and I'll be getting it as soon as it hits the shelves here in the UK. Japan have had the game for a few weeks now, and America will see it hit their shelves in just three days, with us here in the UK finally getting it on July 1st. I honestly can't wait for this game, but unfortunately I and many other fans of Resident Evil will have to. Until then, why not have a little appetiser and read my preview of the game that I posted earlier this month? Anyway, I'll undeniably be reviewing that soon after buying it, so we might just be looking at a double or even triple whammy of review in July. Finally, I conclude the upcoming reviews I have planned with Mario Kart Wii. I received the game recently as a present from my parents, and I'm proper chuffed with it. You can expect a review of that sometime in August probably.

Well, that's about it for this Update post! You can expect more stuff up over the next few days, so be sure to check that out. Until next time folks...

No comments: